Thursday, December 31, 2009
Anyway, I did have a list of goals for 2009- some of which were achieved and some that weren't... Here was my list for 2009:
- 15 new card designs for My Pepita's Magic *
- Read 15 novels *
- Try a new recipe once a week *
- Go to church at least two Sundays per month
- Make at least one silver piece
- Clean out the storage room *
- Throw an awesome fairy party *
- Build a fairy house in the woods behind our house
- Paint the new office, basement, downstairs bathroom and AJ's room *
- Hang our artwork *
- Try one felted project
- Keep up with 3 blogs *
- Do one scrapbook
- Do something a little rock star
Well, the asterisks indicate which ones I did... But number 9 gets a half of an asterisk- I didn't paint the downstairs bathroom because I actually decided to keep it the color it is for awhile anyway and I have yet to paint AJ's room. I did try a new recipe once a week for the most part- sometimes it was 2 in one week if I didn't get to it the previous week. I even made a new delish casserole tonight! I cleaned out the storage room BUT it is a great big mess once again! This summer was crazy busy so I didn't get a chance to build the fairy house. And the rock star thing that I want to do I may still do... just in 2010. I need my girl, Kendra's help with it and I think she might do this with me too. My husband will probably kill me but- oh well! :)My 2010 list is not ready yet but I will probably have some of the goals from 2009 that I didn't get a chance to do on it. Look for my list in January!
Thursday, November 26, 2009
Wednesday, November 25, 2009
* He knows he can get the lids off of everything. One day during naptime (but obviously not napping), right after he went into a toddler bed, I found him rubbing Vapo Rub all over his cheeks. He came downstairs with goop all over his hands and cheeks and I took one whiff and just shook my head.
* We have a song that we sing about poopy diapers: 'Poop goes in the potty, poop goes in the potty, poop goes in the potty and we flush it down!' When else do you make up songs about poop?
* Speaking of that rhyme... Last week I caught him in the bathroom pulling tissues out of the box (brand new, of course) and the toilet paper roll missing (oinly about 1/4 of it gone before)- the cardboard tube was empty in the trash can (at least he put it in the trash when it was out). As I am walking down the hall, I hear and 'We flush it down!' and it was a slow motion 'NO!!!!' to the bathroom as he was trying to flush it down. There was so much tissue paper in there that the top was dry and there wasn't much water left...
* Tonight he sucked all the dressing off my salad greens and threw the lettuce back in the bowl for me to eat. Gee, thanks.
* I left my makeup bag on our bathroom counter (I usually put it in the linen closet on a higher shelf) before I went out last week to a girls night out party and my husband came in to the bathroom looking for him and he was putting my lipstick on... all over his face.
* He is always stealing and wearing our shoes around the house.
* I was on the phone one day on a particularly naughty day and you know they are always even more naughty while you are distracted on the phone right? Well I walked into his room and he had the wipes down off the dresser and his floppy dog, Pound Cake, was laying on the changing mat spread eagle and he was wiping off his nether region with the wipe! It was so darn cute!
* He's ALWAYS jumping on something. The trampoline at gymnastics class is his absolute favorite. He also likes to jump into the pool and on the bed and on the couch and on the floor and anywhere else he can find to jump.
* Everytime I put lipstick on he wants some too. So I use chapstick for him!
Thursday, November 19, 2009
- Golden Age- TV on the Radio
- Turn On Me- The Shins
- Skin Is, My- Andrew Bird
- Love Dog- TV on the Radio
- If I Had Eyes- Jack Johnson
- Relator- Pete Yorn & Scarlett Johansson
- Recycled Air- The Postal Service
- You Look Like Rain- Morphine
- Chicago- Sufjan Stevens
- Modern Guilt- Beck
- On A Cloud- PPP featuring Karma
- Koop Island Blues- Koop featuring Ane Brun
- Fireflies- Owl City
- Poker Face- Lady GaGa
- Winter Song- Sara Barielles & Ingrid Michelson
- Baby (You've Got What It Takes)- Michael Buble with Sharon Jones and the Dap-Kings
- Your Ex-Lover is Dead- Stars
- Friend Like You- Joshua Radin
- Under Cold Blue Stars- Josh Rouse
- Single Ladies (Put a Ring On It)- Beyonce
I am so in love with the songs Love Dog and Fireflies. Can't get enough of them! I often find myself singing Relator because of the great beat and dancing to On a Cloud for the same reason. You Look Like Rain and Koop Island Blues put me in a mood (or should I say in the mood?). I laughed out loud when the football team on Glee sang Single Ladies. I don't normally like Beyonce but I love this song and Halo. Chicago has a sense of nostalgia tied to it. I like it. Listen to them on itunes or Pandora and you'll hear that you like them too!
Monday, November 16, 2009
Saturday, October 31, 2009
HAPPY HALLOWEEN! We had fun this year! AJ was Mower Man, a lawn mowing superhero. Goofy, I know. He's kind of known in our neighborhood for either the lawn mowing or for having a wicked golf swing so Mower Man was born! Next year maybe he'll be a golfer...
I do have a love affair with Halloween but this was just a day of dress up with my friend Julie circa 1983! Can you imagine dressing like that for a Chicago Halloween? I recently dug this out of my mom's photo album and posted it on Facebook for Julie to see- she loved it! :)
Costumes through the years (some are friends or relatives that are just clever (and that I had on my computer)):
Friday, October 2, 2009
I bought these 3 cards individually with the intentions of doing the above for an artsy Halloween piece. The pumpkins are batik fabric that artist Linda Nelson Bryan (St. Paul, MN) stitched with decorative thread and stitching onto paper and then did borders in leaves, Boo! and monsters. I then took them and mounted them on glitter paper in lime, violet and orange and framed them in this simple black 3- 5x7 frame from Target. I thought it turned out kinda fun and it is the only thing up right now for Halloween (more to be decorated but I am not a store and decorate for Halloween in July).
Sunday, September 20, 2009
My team consisted of Rob (Captain Bob Greasypalms), Linda (I can't remember her pirate name but it had Lindsey in it) & me (Helga the Well Tanned). We had to have our flag in every picture. Here we are riding a Harley for sale at some random person's house. Then we made her walk the plank (in her garden...)!
Tuesday, September 15, 2009
Halloween 2000. I went as a forest fairy to bartend at the restaurant that my family used to own and run. Halloween was big there. Very big. Of course the costume was handmade! My mom and I whipped this up!
These are some fairy friends that were purchased from Princess Nimble Thimble on etsy. I could not resist these adorable little bendy dolls! The fairies left them for AJ (the brown shirt), my niece, Adreanna (purple dress), moi (pink dress) and my nephew, Parker (blue shirt). Boy, those fairies sure are sweet! Darling!