Sunday, February 22, 2009
Saturday, February 21, 2009
Thursday, February 19, 2009
* My husband said that his Xbox is going to melt if it is on all day because the little one was playing with it. (Is this true??? I have no idea!!)
* The pan lids are being used as cymbals.
* I have a headache from the cymbals.
* My husband has a headache after talking on the phone with me for 2 minutes while there is cymbal playing in the background.
* I have to check the garbage cans to make sure he didn't throw away anything he shouldn't have.
* The garbage can in his room is on top of the dresser to make sure I don't have to pick through poop to find something that he shouldn't have thrown away.
* There are shreds of napkin, tissues and toilet paper all over the house (see picture above for evidentiary support).
* Every time he toots (especially during a diaper change) it is as if he heard the funniest thing on the planet and cracks up. Which in turn, makes me crack up, which continues the cycle. What? His laughter is contagious! :)
Sunday, February 15, 2009
Saturday, February 14, 2009
1. Started your own blog- 3!
2. Slept under the stars- on a boat named Equinitimas in the Caribbean
3. Played in a band- grade school band? I played (faked is probably a better word) French horn.
4. Visited Hawaii
5. Watched a meteor shower
6. Given more than you can afford to charity
7. Been to Disneyland - I've been to Disneyworld
8. Climbed a mountain- hiked a mountain?
9. Held a praying mantis
10. Sang a solo- in 7th grade- Almost Paradise from Footloose. Well, it was a duet but I sang some of it solo.
11. Bungee jumped
12. Visited Paris
13. Watched a lightning storm at sea- on a boat named Equinitimas in the Caribbean
14. Taught yourself an art from scratch- Maybe. I'm not sure.
15. Adopted a child- best thing that has ever happened to me!!!
16. Had food poisoning- on vacation in San Diego! :(
17. Walked to the top of the Statue of Liberty
18. Grown your own vegetables
19. Seen the Mona Lisa in France
20. Slept on an overnight train
21. Had a pillow fight- did a perverse guy come up with this? ;)
22. Hitch hiked
23. Taken a sick day when you’re not ill
24. Built a snow fort
25. Held a lamb
26. Gone skinny dipping
27. Run a Marathon
28. Ridden in a gondola in Venice
29. Seen a total eclipse
30. Watched a sunrise or sunset
31. Hit a home run
32. Been on a cruise- it depends on how you define cruise...
33. Seen Niagara Falls in person
34. Visited the birthplace of your ancestors- besides my mom and grandparents (Chippewa Falls, WI), no.
35. Seen an Amish community
36. Taught yourself a new language
37. Had enough money to be truly satisfied - I'm satisfied with what I have now
38. Seen the Leaning Tower of Pisa in person
39. Gone rock climbing
40. Seen Michelangelo’s David
41. Sung karaoke- horribly
42. Seen Old Faithful geyser erupt
43. Bought a stranger a meal at a restaurant- it was easy at the restaurant we owned!
44. Visited Africa- would love to!
45. Walked on a beach by moonlight
46. Been transported in an ambulance
47. Had your portrait painted- caricatured?
48. Gone deep sea fishing
49. Seen the Sistine Chapel in person
50. Been to the top of the Eiffel Tower in Paris
51. Gone scuba diving or snorkeling
52. Kissed in the rain
53. Played in the mud
54. Gone to a drive-in theater
55. Been in a movie
56. Visited the Great Wall of China
57. Started a business
58. Taken a martial arts class
59. Visited Russia
60. Served at a soup kitchen
61. Sold Girl Scout Cookies
62. Gone whale watching
63. Got flowers for no reason
64. Donated blood, platelets or plasma
65. Gone sky diving
66. Visited a Nazi Concentration Camp
67. Bounced a check- not intentionally!
68. Flown in a helicopter- see #4
69. Saved a favorite childhood toy. Oh, Butterbear!
70. Visited the Lincoln Memorial- it is truly AMAZING!
71. Eaten Caviar
72. Pieced a quilt
73. Stood in Times Square
74. Toured the Everglades
75. Been fired from a job
76. Seen the Changing of the Guards in London
77. Broken a bone
78. Been on a speeding motorcycle
79. Seen the Grand Canyon in person
80. Published a book - not yet!
81. Visited the Vatican
82. Bought a brand new car
83. Walked in Jerusalem
84. Had your picture in the newspaper
85. Kissed a stranger at midnight on New Year’s Eve
86. Visited the White House- I stood ouside when we were there in '05, it wasn't open yet for tours since 9/11
87. Killed and prepared an animal for eating- this comment sounds gruesome but does a fish count?
88. Had chickenpox
89. Saved someone’s life
90. Sat on a jury
91. Met someone famous- how about before they became famous? Otherwise I think I have met some sports stars...
92. Joined a book club
93. Lost a loved one
94. Had a baby
95. Seen the Alamo in person
96. Swam in the Great Salt Lake
97. Been involved in a law suit
98. Owned a cell phone
99. Been stung by a bee
1.) Lasagne Soup from Cuisine's Splendid Soups. Steve is a vegetarian so I eliminated the Italian sausage from the recipe. That must have been where all the flavor was. It still had some great ingredients in it- spinach, carrots, tomatoes, mushrooms, onions, mozzarella cheese... but it lacked seasoning and flavor.
2.) Chicken Pasta Mexicana from allrecipes.com. I renamed it. It was called chicken macaroni casserole. I tweaked it A LOT. Added salsa, sauteed onions, etc. Steve wanted a Mexican pasta casserole and I couldn't find one in any of my books or on the internet. So I used a base recipe and made it Mexican. I probably would make this again with futher tweaking.
3.) Baked Potato Soup from The Big Book of Soups and Stews. Blach. It was gross. I didn't even finish my bowl. Forget about the leftovers- they went down the drain.
4.) Buffalo Chicken and Potato Casserole from the little book called Casseroles that I got in the checkout lane at the grocery store. The chicken was good. The potatoes never cooked! I had it in there 45 minutes past the original time to try to cook the potatoes. Grrrr. The chicken had a butter and cornflake topping that was good though. The potatoes went in the garbage and the chicken went on a salad.
5.) Macaroni and Cheese from Art Smith's Back to the Table. The cheese never got 'saucy' and it lacked the cheesy flavor that you get from a box of the processed stuff. It said for kids to make it with American and cheddar and for adults you could make it with just cheddar. I will try it again and use American and maybe a different recipe. He is (was? I don't know anymore. He was when I bought the book an eon ago.) the chef for Oprah so I honestly thought it would rock. Very disappointed.
Tonight I am making Spinach Lasagne that I cut out from Cooking Light. We'll see how this turns out. I do have a lasagne recipe that I made up that is fabulous! I always want to make that one instead of trying out a new one. It is definitely one of my signature dishes.
So when a recipe goes awry what do you do with the food? Doesn't it feel like such a waste to just pitch it? One thing I do know- it is getting expensive!
Thursday, February 12, 2009
Sunday, February 8, 2009
Friday, February 6, 2009
1. Steve is a great husband even when I nag him. We are a perfect fit and I couldn't have asked for a better guy. I love him like crazy. That's not really random is it? That I love my husband like crazy? How about I knew after 2 months (essentially 3 dates since we were long distance) that I was going to be with him forever.
2. I loved my major (Health Promotion/Wellness) in college and I think it made me a more well rounded person, but as far as 'career prep' I think it was a waste of time. Although, I've never really wanted a career anyway.
3. I find working out to be a chore and don't like doing it at all. I do, however, admit that I like the way it makes me feel. I only do it because I am terrified of getting really fat.
4. I make handmade cards, yes, but sometimes I just want to buy them instead. I feel guilty sending a bought card to someone and think that they are disappointed when they receive it.
5. I really love that I am creative and artistic. Thanks mom and dad for those genes! :)
6. I think I may be a bit (ok, a little more than a bit) of a compulsive (and impulsive) shopper. I have a lot of crap that I don't need nor really want.
7. I am an organized messy person. Translation: I know where everything is in my gigantic mess.
8. I hate when the house isn't clean and someone stops by. I clean pretty much for everybody (with the exception of my studio) even if they are going to be here in 10 mins, just for a minute. I pick up most rooms. Even if it does all just get shoved in drawers, closets, etc.
9. I really like planning the party but I don't like the actual party as much.
10. I suck at interior design and picking out and arranging furniture.
11. People think that I know a lot about wine but I really don't. I know what I like and don't like and can pick out some key taste notes but that's about it. I'll tell you one thing though- I really like a medium rare filet and a good cabernet. When the two tastes melt together... mmmmmm.
12. I am truly addicted to paper. It doesn't matter that I don't scrapbook, I have to have it if I really like it. I have TONS of scrapbooking papers. My studio is like a store.
13. I like cheesy teen movies. I don't know why- they are really dumb.
14. England, Italy and Africa are on top of my list of places to go. Steve will definitely go to England & Italy with me but says no way to Africa.
15. I'm not a very good driver but I am much better than I used to be and I think I am better than the other people on the road.
16. I like really dark beer. If it has notes of chocolate- even better!17. I don't like frosting or whipped cream or white chocolate.
18. I look forward to getting the mail everyday.
19. I have been to (spent the entire day in or spent the night) 24 states plus DC, lived in 3 states, been to more than a dozen islands and will add my 25th state (Massachusettes) to my list in May.20. The feel of paper bags and construction paper give me goosebumps. Even just thinking about it. I have goosebumps right now!
21. My favorite place is Lutsen, Minnesota. I love Lake Superior. Even though I have only been to Lake Tahoe once, it is probably my second favorite place.22. I like cold weather better than hot weather because you can always put more clothes on- there are only so many you can take off and you are still hot!
23. When people use double negatives and incorrect spelling it drives me nuts. Sorry, but it's true.
24. I remember a lot of things (like people's phone numbers, names, faces, addresses, memories, etc.) but I can't remember history, religion or geography. I think Steve is sometimes disappointed when I don't know major historical moments. He is incredibly smart when it comes to history. On the other hand, he has a hard time remembering the things I do. One more reason why we are a perfect fit!
25. I have always wanted to develop my own font. Artistic typefaces fascinate me. I have over 5000 fonts on my computer.
26. I didn't light a match until I was 18 and I only have lit a lighter (except for the long wand kind) once if ever. Fire too close to me freaks me out!