Friday, October 2, 2009

Some more treasures from Artrageous Weekend

There were a couple of other things that I got at Festival of Arts that I didn't blog about before. Here they are:
I bought these 3 cards individually with the intentions of doing the above for an artsy Halloween piece. The pumpkins are batik fabric that artist Linda Nelson Bryan (St. Paul, MN) stitched with decorative thread and stitching onto paper and then did borders in leaves, Boo! and monsters. I then took them and mounted them on glitter paper in lime, violet and orange and framed them in this simple black 3- 5x7 frame from Target. I thought it turned out kinda fun and it is the only thing up right now for Halloween (more to be decorated but I am not a store and decorate for Halloween in July).



This tiny canvas collage I 'won' (you don't 'win' it if you end up paying for it...) at the Festival of Arts silent auction. My mom said something about it being perfect for the little shelves by the kitchen window that I can't find enough for the rest of the year besides Halloween and Christmas. I think it is cute and whimsical and I did admire her bigger pieces and talk to Ginnie at her booth. This canvas was done by Ginnie Cappaert of Stephenson, MI. Now if that heart would have been a star, I would have loved it even more! That little nest next to it is felted wool by etsy seller Winsome Hollow from Atlanta, GA. Head over to her etsy shop for some sweetness!

No comments: