Saturday, January 3, 2009

Celebrating old friends

I forgot one moment of 2008 to celebrate... I reconnected with a friend from my high school days. I haven't seen or talked to him in 15 years! I had been looking for him for about 5 years but since he didn't go to the same high school as me, he graduated 3 years before me and he hasn't had a land line in quite a few years I would get old listings but not new ones. Finally I caught a glimpse of an old post (9 years old!) on reunion.com (you have to pay to see the listing but I could see a little bit of his post) that said he was working at a place in Lincolnshire, IL. I called the place and I was connected to his voice mail. I could not believe my luck! So I left a message and he called me back soon after that. He also said he had been looking for me as well! My parents had moved (out of state) from the house that I grew up in and I changed my name when I got married so I could see how it would be difficult.

When he was in college he used to write funny poems to me every month and I came across some of them which was why I wanted to look one more time. I'm so glad I did. We had fun remembering the good times we had together. He is a very talented musician and photographer (a sorta new hobby). So now we email here and there. So JLF, here's to you (I am raising my glass of Cabernet) and I hope we stay connected!

No comments: