Monday, March 8, 2010

Raspberry Dump Cake

I saw this cake on Stacy Says (only she used peach) and since I have to make a cake for our church's Lent fish fry and this one was seriously SO easy, I decided to whip 2 up (basically so I could try one). The second one (well, technically the first one since I haven't made the one for church yet- Thursday I will make it) is for my hubby's office since they are the ones I pawn off all my delicious baked treats to so my ass doesn't blow up. This one I could eat all day. It is SO good!! If the recipe wasn't so easy, I would have sent you to Stacy's blog but I can type it up for you! She's a funny chica regardless so maybe you still should go visit her blog...

What you need: 2 cans of any flavor pie filling, a box of yellow cake mix and a stick and a half of butter. Yeah, I know. That's it.

Preheat the oven to 350. Dump (thus the name, I know it sounds unappetizing but it is AWESOME!!) the 2 cans of pie filling into a 9x13 pan. Then dump the box of dry cake mix on top of the fruit and make sure it is evenly distributed over the fruit. Slice the butter up and place it on top like the picture I have provided for you. I know, I know. It doesn't look right, does it? It is. Believe me.

Pop it into the oven and bake it for 45 minutes. Can you smell it? That's what heaven smells like.

Go ahead and get out a fork and start eating it! Stop wasting time! You don't need to let it cool- you've been smelling that cake for the last 45 minutes, dig in already. Just kidding, let it cool for awhile. I don't want you to burn your mouth because then you can't taste anything. You can see where (the bottom left corner) I took a little sliver of it out to try it. I definitely wanted to keep eating. I shouldn't have made it in a 'take to work disposable pan' because then I could have had me a piece and it not looked so obvious. Oh well. This is going to be one of my go to recipes for when I have to bring a baked item somewhere. I am already planning to make it for our 4th of July Bash... I'll need to make it sooner than that though!

1 comment:

Summer Athena said...

i'd like a big piece please!