Friday, June 19, 2009

So You Think You Can Dance: Week 2

A run down of what I thought of the dances...

Melissa & Ade (Jazz by Sonya): Again they had my favorite piece. They are both so strong and intense. I thought it was just plain HOT! I hope they are in until the end.

Randi & Evan (Jive by Louis van Amstel): I thought it was a lot of fun and high energy. The judges were doggin' on my boy Evan a little but he didn't deserve it. In the end, I suppose it makes him a better dancer. I don't know if that is true since he doesn't have to dance the jive ever again if he doesn't want to. But he really should...

Caitlin & Jason (Hip Hop by Shane Sparks): Jason has so much charisma. I like him. The piece was kind of whatever but I am not sure if it was the dancers fault or the choreographer's...

Janette & Brandon (Disco by Doriana): It was hard to keep up with these two! It was so fast. I like the disco numbers that Doriana puts together because I like lifts. This was one of my favorites of the night and Lil C finally gave Brandon some great praise.

Kayla & Max (Pop jazz by Brian Friedman): It was kinda bizzare but it was good. I liked it. they ended up in the bottom 3 and Max went home so apparently other people didn't like it. But hey, someone has to be in the bottom 3 and go home...

Ashley & Kupono (Hip Hop by Shane Sparks): Again I had the same reaction as the other Shane Sparks' piece... was it him or the dancers? I thought it was eh. So did everyone else and so Ashley is now gone.

Asuka & Vitolio (Waltz by Louis van Amstel): Gorgeous. The song helped make this piece so dreamy.

Phillip & Jeanine (Tango by Tony): Eh. Jeanine looked hot though, kinda reminded me of a dominatrix... She looked like a latin dancer.

Karla & Jonathan (Contemporary by Stacey): I thought they did really well and I loved their performance. Something about Jonathan bugs me. Maybe, I don't think he is a good enough dancer to be there? But he did way better than if Tony would have stayed and he would've gone last week...

So I am definitely looking forward to next week's show but I am not sure when I am going to watch it since we are having a party on Thursday night and Wednesday will be spent preparing for it. May have to watch it Friday night and not read the internet to see who went home!

No comments: