Thursday, April 23, 2009

Book Review: Gap Creek by Robert Morgan

My mom handed this book off to read. I liked it, definitely didn't love it. It was written about a young couple at the turn of the 20th century, much like what the author envisioned of the relationship between his grandparents at that time. I personally have a hard time reading primitive writing. It was written as if Julie, the main character, were writing it. I tend to keep re-reading the same sentence a couple times thinking that I missed something. I thought it was kind of repetitive and a little anti-climatic.


I have succumbed now to reading the ever popular Twilight by Stephanie Meyer. I now see what the fuss is about. Not that the book is a great literary masterpiece but it is very addicting. I'm not sure why. It is very easy reading (since it is written for the pre-teen/teen crowd) and strangely compelling. I think I will like it. Also, I will see the movie after I read it because I heard the special effects are kind of cool and I want to see what it is like. I don't see what the big deal about Rob Pattison is though. I don't find him very appealling. Now if they would have gone with their first pick (he was too old at 25 to fill the role of a teen and doesn't look like a teenager (that is for sure!!)) of Henry Cavill, I would have been in line drooling. Henry Cavill plays Charlie on The Tudors and even my husband thinks the man is too good looking. Click here for some Henry eye candy... :)

1 comment:

Mel said...

Hmmm...I disagree about the cool special effects. I thought they were super cheesy when I saw the movie in the theater. (Yes, I saw it in the theater. I admit it!) But when I watched the DVD at home, I didn't think they were as bad. Enjoy!