Monday, April 13, 2009

Let her eat chocolate!

I gave up sweets for Lent. It was easier then I anticipated. I didn't even eat granola bars or graham crackers. The only things I allowed my self were Honey Nut Chex cereal in the morning and honey roasted peanuts. If I was really craving something sweet I would eat some pineapple or yogurt (which I think has just as much sugar in it as some sweets). Well, yesterday I ate enough chocolate to make up for the 40 days that I didn't eat any. We went to brunch in the morning and I only had a graham cracker & strawberry dipped in the chocolate fountain after that when we got home... I didn't even eat dinner since I had eaten too much junk. Bad me. I am happy that I can eat it again though since I made my little pretzel yummies and am really looking forward to digging in!

On that note, let me please recommend a fantastic book that came out in paperback (with this great new cover) today by one of my favorite authors (and Facebook friend!), Sarah Addison Allen's The Sugar Queen. Read it. It is great!!

2 comments:

Kendra said...

There is nothing wrong with a little chocolate! HAHAHAHA
In fact it's kind of good for the heart and great for the soul :)

It was good to see you guys today!

Mel said...

Giving up sweets was easier than I thought too! But then on Sunday I wanted to vomit! I blame my nephews for having Easter baskets filled with candy, my mom for serving pie, my sister for buying those homemade peanut butter chocolate eggs...you know, everyone but myself and my lack of control!

Must add this book to my Good Reads list...have you joined yet?!?! ;)