Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Book Review: Inkheart by Cornelia Funke

I shouldn't have gone to see the movie while I was reading the book because I had absolutely no motivation to finish it because I knew what happened! The book was good but (and I never say this) I liked the movie better. I don't know if it was because I saw it first or that I really liked Helen Mirren in the role of Elinor or it had some comedy in it... Probably all three of these things. I think the book lacked comic relief which was appreciated in the movie and would have been in the book as well. It is a good read if you like Harry Potter and sci-fi/fantasy books but don't see the movie first! I do have the second book in the trilogy but I am not going to read it for awhile. My book now is just a fast, funny one from one of my favorite authors, Janet Evanovich.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

a nice blog here.. plz keep it up my friend...

Mel said...

Are you on Good Reads? You should join it! One of my friends just convinced me to do so!