Tuesday, March 10, 2009

30 Random Songs...

My girl, Mel, from Chicago Girl Gone Mild had this posted on her blog. Something fun- maybe you'll get some new songs out of it.

Put your ipod (MP3 player, whatever) or itunes on shuffle and what are the first 30 songs that come up...

1. Battleflag- Lo Fidelity All Stars (featuring Pigeonhead) Explicit lyrics but a really cool song!
2. We're Going To Be Friends- Jack Johnson A cover from the White Stripes for the Curious George movie
3. Icky Thump- The White Stripes
4. Wait- Get Set Go
5. Call Me- Blondie
6. I Can't Be (Demo)- The Ramones
7. I Remember You- The Ramones Two in a row? Really?
8. Downtown Line- Griffin House
9. No Sugar Tonight/New Mother Nature- The Guess Who
10. Evil (Is Going On)- Howlin' Wolf ??
11. All My Days- Alexi Murdoch
12. Take A Picture- Filter
13. Ocean Stone- Chris O'Brien I LOVE this song!! This would go on an 'All time favorites' list
14. (I'm Your) Hoochie Coochie Man- Muddy Waters
15. Sir Duke- Stevie Wonder Stevie's my man!
16. The Obvious Child- Paul Simon
17. I Can See For Miles- The Who
18. Cigarettes & Chocolate Milk- Rufus Wainwright
19. Missed the Boat- Modest Mouse
20. Peaches- The Presidents of the United States
21. Good- Better Than Ezra BTE rocks!
22. And It Stoned Me- Van Morrison
23. I'm Shipping Up To Boston- Dropkick Murphys
24. Rock 'n' Roll Lifestyle- Cake I like Cake. A LOT.
25. Little Green Bag- George Baker
26. Waiting For My Real Life To Begin- Colin Hay The dude from Men at Work!
27. Paperweight- Joshua Radin & Schuyler Fisk Schuyler is Sissy Spacek's daughter. Don't ask me how I know that. Cool, mellow song.
28. Forever My Friend- Ray LaMontagne
29. Breakin' Up- Rilo Kiley She is pretty cool. I like her.
30. Better Together- Jack Johnson

For as much Bob Dylan that I have on my ipod/itunes, I am very surprised he wasn't even in the top 50 in my shuffle... Weird. Yet The Ramones (I have, like, 30 songs in there by them) and Jack Johnson (about 30 songs again...) got hit twice. Out of 1300 songs that is what came up though!

1 comment:

Mel said...

Okay first of all, Paperweight is a FABULOUS song! You love BTE too? Griffin House...I've seen at Schubas! Are you my music soul mate? Haha! And I'm so happy to see that someone else gets duplicate artists other than me.