Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Weekend Recap!

I had a pretty decent weekend overall.

If you don't know, our state has gone beserk. There is bedlam and mayhem and all sorts of other tomfoolery going on in Madison. I'd be REALLY surprised if you hadn't heard about this. I am NOT political at all. I am pretty much in the middle when I do know what is going on. Which is pretty much never. I am not going to pretend I know what is going on down there because I really don't. All I know is that it is nutty. I have added something to my bucket list (which doesn't have anything on it, except this, because I haven't written one)... For the next election, I will know everything that is going on on the national, state and local level so that I can make the most informed decision I can. If I don't know what is going on, how can I vote fairly?

I stole this picture from my ex-boyfriend's facebook page. He took it. I don't remember him being too politically charged back when we were in college but he's a teacher and this effects him. So he protested and then posted a million and six things to clog my facebook home page.

Saturday night was spent celebrating with my friend, Nicole, and her friends for her 40th birthday. Girls only. She was supposed to be in Costa Rica or someplace equally warm sipping on margs (National Margarita Day today! Drink up!) but she went and got herself pregnant and that put the kibosh on that trip. She ended up with us in cold Wisconsin drinking 7-up and cranberry juice while we drank wine and margs (she makes a really good one!). She's due in May. :) Anyway, we went to one of my favorite little spots in our town, Basil. Yum-o!

My friends, Jim and Tee, who own the joint on their anniversary last month. Cutie patooties! Picture from Basil's facebook page.

Sunday/Monday... On Saturday, AJ said to me, 'I see grass! Summer's coming!' Not quite kid. Yes, we had ridiculously nice temps last week and the snow was melting. In fact, I had just commented to Mel from Chicago Girl Gone Mild about how yucky the snow looked here- black and crunchy and so, so dirty. She said it was the same there. We go to church Saturday evening and hear we are in for a doozy of a storm. Neither S or I had any idea. Check the weather channel as soon as we hit the street outside the place of worship and see we are gonna get 5-8" Sunday afternoon and another 4-6" that night and into Monday morning. OK. We got a nice foot of the powder with 25 mph winds so the drifts were waist deep.

Hello snow plows, buh-bye grass.

No comments: