Sunday, July 19, 2009

Another Party!

Yes, we had another party! Ten days after the last one... Am I a glutton for punishment or what? Every year on the Fourth of July weekend we host a family party for Steve's mom's side. Twenty-two people (8 of which are kids). It's growing by at least 2 feet in 2010... :) This one is pretty low key. I did a taco bar this year (and last). Pretty much everything out of a can/bag! I made more pretzel kisses this time with red, white & blue M&Ms. I'll post the recipe for Chicken Soft Tacos & Taco Dip in another post- two very tasty (and easy!) recipes that are suitable for a crowd.

I made the invitations again- this one is a pocket flap card so the written portion comes out of a folder type pocket inside. I love this paper with the fireworks! Glittery and perfect! I am always looking for decent paper with fireworks on it and this one is the best one I found on my many years quest. It is by Best Creation Inc. The silver cord has red and blue beads laced onto it. The star is wire wrapped and has wire curly cues as well as a red rhinestone in the center. I love it!
The party was a success except for the fact that I couldn't find the plugs for the swimming pool. Grrrrr! They are somewhere in the house. I know I have seen them since we moved. Steve's parents came on Friday and they helped clean and organize our garage! Thanks, we definitely appreciate it! And they babysat so we could go out for my birthday (on the 2nd) to the Great Dane, my new favorite restaurant in town. I had a hot wing chicken pizza that was AWESOME!! It had buffalo chicken with a gorgonzola cheese and a garlic oil- YUM. It was just so good that after every bite I said 'mmmmmm'. It is nice to see the whole family since this is usually the only time we do. One family in MN, one in TX and Steve's parents in FL but every year they are here in WI for the 4th. Yay!

No comments: