Tuesday, June 7, 2011

How I know I live with a preschooler Tuesday...

I can't believe I haven't posted this yet!! AJ turned 4 on March 11th!! Here is the recap of his birthday goodies... He had a pool party at the YMCA and we invited his class plus a few other friends. The Y was pretty easy peasy. So I chose a whale theme since it was a swimming party. It is hard to find whale themed party items so I just went with a water/blue theme.

The invitation...

The cupcakes with toppers and whale basket for chips. I found the whale basket at Target in the bathroom section. It is a shower caddy corral thing. But it was perfect for the party! And now it is being used as a toy container in the tub.

Close up of the cupcake toppers...

The goody bag... Included in the sand pail was a boat, Goldfish crackers, fish stickers, M&M's, play-doh, a mini frisbee, bubbles, Nemo fruit snacks, fruit strip and a CD that I mixed. I do a CD for each of his birthdays. That should be a post! I'll post the songs in his 2nd, 3rd and 4th birthday mixes. There were 3 or 4 whale songs on it!

And the thank you card- which was re-purposed! Those are the cupcake toppers that were left- I just pulled out the stick!

I love doing the 'whole party'. It really is so much fun for me. I dig themes.

2 comments:

Mel said...

Very cute. I want a goodie bag! ;)

Micaela said...

and you are so good at it. what a great theme!!!!

that is some fabulous birthday swag ;)