Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Summer Sun 2010 Playlist

Lady Gaga Veneer by Jose Gonzalez


Planet Waves by Bob Dylan


If it isn't obvious I must be doing something wrong...




A new playlist is a must to start the summer off right! It has felt like July this May. Hot, hot, hot. Well, we did have 3 inches of snow on May 7th but we had 92 degrees on May 24th! We conveniently missed the snow while we were in Florida in 88 degree sunshine... What is up with that? That's Wisconsin for you! So here's the playlist:



  1. Girl From the North Country * Good old Bob (Dylan that is...)
  2. That Was a Crazy Game of Poker (Live Acoustic Version) * O.A.R.
  3. How You Like Me Now * The Heavy
  4. Darlin' Do Not Fear * Brett Dennen
  5. Just Dance * Lady Gaga & Colby O'Donis
  6. Forever Young * Bob Dylan (from the Planet Waves album)
  7. Naive * The Kooks
  8. Tambourine * The Happy Hollows
  9. The Devil Never Sleeps * Iron & Wine
  10. Heartbeats * Jose Gonzalez
  11. The Swimming Song * Loudon Wainwright III
  12. Song to Woody * Bobby D, once again (he really is my favorite!!)
  13. Breathe In Breathe Out * Mat Kearney
  14. Back Against the Wall * Cage the Elephant
  15. In My Dreams * Eels
  16. Young Folks * Peter Bjorn and John
  17. By Your Side * My Robot Friend featuring Dean Wareham
  18. Kite Song * Rosie Thomas (Thank you Summer for this sweet tune!!)
  19. Bad Romance * Glee Cast (Glee girls and Kurt- LOVED this episode!)
  20. I Buried a Bone * Blind Pilot
  21. Stay In the Shade * Jose Gonzalez

There you have it. This is what I am listening to right now. I am a total Gleek. I admit it. And I am not ashamed. The Lady Gaga/Kiss episode was totally fun. My little guy loves Lady Gaga, especially Poker Face. I liked that 6th grader, Greyson Chance's version of Paparazzi better than Lady Gaga's. Check that out for sure. I can honestly say that I like the beginning of Tambourine but hate the end. Blind Pilot is becoming one of my favorite bands. Jose Gonzalez is totally rad. The Devil Never Sleeps is just an AWESOME song! And, of course, my musical heart belongs to Bob.

No comments: